Job description for Product Owner role at Vodafone Ghana in Accra
Date Posted: 52 weeks ago
Employment Type - full-time
Employer's Proposed Salary - Not provided
Application Deadline - Not provided
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
To be part of Agile squad and to set, prioritize, and evaluate the work of the squad in order to ensure timely and efficient delivery of product features and functionality. To be a part of the product owner chapter and contribute to product development, release and best practise documentation and implementation.
• Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities in alignment with the squad members and tribe lead
• Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout every delivery and creation of product requirements
• Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for products and keep abreast with agile best practises and trends
• Assess value, develop and prioritize user stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Provide backlog management, iteration planning, elaboration of user stories, definition of done (DoD) and maintain product backlog according to business value
• Ensure the squad always has adequate amount of tasks in backlog, research and analyse market, users and roadmap for the product
Core competencies, Skills and Experience
• In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles
• Good interpersonal, communication, time management and presentation skills
• Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency
• Creative thinker with a vision, sharp analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of product and service development especially in telecoms
• Strong commercial background, with experience in marketing
• Experience of coordinating multiple programmes or activities
• Knowledge of Agile methodology
• Strong data science, data analytics and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of basic telecoms, products and services and analyze market, users and roadmap for the product
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
How does Looksharp work?
Create a student account, corporate account or freelance account
Add a review
Anonymously add a salary, freelance job charge or internship experience to gain access to the site.
Compare jobs & salaries
Explore salaries, job charges, internship allowances and company reviews from people with first-hand experience
Popular companies in your region
See what its like to work in companies in your area